Re: [TowerTalk] Preform dead ends - why and how?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preform dead ends - why and how?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:27:57 -0400
You should be able to find extensive discussion of these critters in the
towertalk archive.  Try searching on "big grip".

All I can say is they are amazing.  Properly installed, they are so much
better than the "traditional" cable clamps that there is no comparison.
Once you've done a few, they install in less than a minute, and hold
forever.  They never need to be re-tightened.

Just be sure you get the right ones for the guy wire material you are
using.  Don't be tempted by inexpensive ones made for utility
applications - they may have the wrong twist for regular EHS.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,