Re: [TowerTalk] New Homeowners insurance underwriting rules.

To: jimc@pwrone.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Homeowners insurance underwriting rules.
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:11:18 -0500
Three years ago we had a nasty ice storm come through.
Antennas rode it out fine. The 70' Fir in the front yard didn't.
It lost a limb, maybe four inches in diameter which hit the house and
took down one section of rain gutter. No other damage was done.

We filed a claim to get the 20' of gutter replaced which was done. Two
weeks later we received a letter from the insurance company stating that
if that particular tree EVER caused ANY damage to the house again they
would not cover it.

I wanted to dump the company and get someone else but she who must be
obeyed was personal friends with the agent, another bad idea, so we
ponied up the $2,000 to take a perfectly good tree down.

Every time I'm out in the yard people ask what happened to the beautiful
tree that was there. I tell them exactly what happened. "XXXXXX
insurance company (which just happens to be headquartered here in Des
Moines) forced me to cut it down". One of their employees who is a good
friend of the family tried to dispute that claim.....till I showed him
the letter.

I think some of these companies are of the opinion that they are
indispensable and can't be replaced.

--
R. Kevin Stover

ACØH