Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Guy Wires?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Guy Wires?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:11:17 -0000
I guess it depends on your location.  After four years in Aruba I replaced
my big-grips.  They were corroded so bad I could break the end strands off
with two fingers.

John KK9A / P40A

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:22:53 +0000

<snip>
Fwiw after almost 25 years I had some 1/4" ehs replaced that was showing
signs of surface rust to the point it was getting rough to the hand.  After
replacement I pulled a couple of chunks and took them apart and down inside
they were solid, it was just on the outside surface of the strands that
there was rust... And all the deadends I took apart for inspection looked
almost like new inside.