[TowerTalk] Fwd: vertical antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: vertical antenna
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 12:14:27 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, you should be able to build a multiband antenna that way. I did
something similar for a mag-mount for 144, 220, 440. I used one pin/wire that
tuned 144/440 MHz ( I cut it for best SWR for 440) and one pin/wire tuned for
220. It works great.

My suggestion is that you cut any wire that resonate at two of your
selected bands (15 - 40 as example) for the higher band. You should then  not
have
to have two wires for the two bands. OK, you get a weird radiation  pattern
for the lower band but that is something you have to live with.

Good luck and please inform us of your result.

Hans - N2JFS

In a message dated 8/29/2011 12:35:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,