Re: [TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys
From: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:08:53 -0400
Carol,
    I have found that a good quality ceramic insulator makes a really
nice 'transition point' (for lack of a better word) for rope of just
about any type. No worries about jumping out of the groove. Just make
sure you have one that is completely glazed and especially smooth where
the movable rope will go thru the eye. Egg type insulators (the ones
where if the insulator would fail, the two ropes or wires loops will
still be connected) give you a nice raceway for the rope. Can't think of
the darn name but similar to ones you would use to break up guy wires.

Mike / W8DN