Re: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX matching/beta tubes question

To: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, "Tom_N2SR" <tom_n2sr@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX matching/beta tubes question
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:32:55 -0400
Hi Tom -
I really don't think you should try that unless you are prepared to go
through a complete retunning exercise.  As Jim pointed out the wire and the
tubing are different diameters and that will affect things, Also the TH-7
gets it's broadband characteristics by having two drivren elements. They are
tied together and they are each different lengths and both are different
lengths than the TH-6DXX driven element. So you're getting into a real can
of worms. Just clean things up, including the element overlaps, trap
connections and all driven element connections and you should be fine. I did
this to an old TH-6DXX a few years ago and have been quite impressed with
the way it plays. Good Luck !
Gene / W2LU