Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks

To: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks
From: "R. Morris" <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:47:50 -0400
On 09/27/2011 11:57 PM, Wilson Lamb wrote:
> I just bought a Klein harness, which has an eye in the back, behind the
> shoulders.
You get TWO of these.....
http://fallprotectionusa.com/DBI/Lanyards/1220860_1220861.htm  ,
or whatever brand. Forget what we used at my last employer.

One to use and one to go back up and finish the job. The one's we had
were one time use.

It goes from the rear D ring on your harness to as high as you can reach
on the tower.

If you  step back to admire your work,  the shock absorbing feature will
lower your body a few  feet.

Fast but soft. Did a tower climbing school and had to try it. Try
getting you brain to step off a tower.

"Obviously I haven't started climbing yet, but hope to soon."

If your are not if half decent physical shape, start doing a hundred
deep knee bends a day.
Have fire rescue on speed dial for the leg cramps.