Re: [TowerTalk] rooftop tower for satellite array: Central Florida

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rooftop tower for satellite array: Central Florida
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:45:19 -0400

>> What should I be looking for to properly install ( other than rtfm)
>> and more importantly waterproof the installation so that ingress
>> damage can't happen.

Find a different roofing contractor - one who understands the issues
of properly flashing roof penetrations.  It is impossible to build a
roof without penetrations and with rain rates reaching many inches per
hour in Florida it is important that any roofing contractor not only
understand proper flashing but follow the manufacturer's installation
manual.

I've just been through several months of grief getting major roofing
repairs done because the contractor who replaced our roof following
the three hurricanes in 2004 failed to follow the manufacturer's
installation did not properly flash several side walls, valleys and
the chimney.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV