[TowerTalk] Yaesu 5600 AZ/EL rotor pair control voltage

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 5600 AZ/EL rotor pair control voltage
From: Michael Baker <mpb45@clanbaker.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:17:41 -0400
Hello, Tower-talkers--

I have a Yaesu 5600 AZ/EL rotor pair and control box sitting
out on my bench while I set it up to track the NOAA polar
orbit birds so I can downlink and display the digital HRPT
ground & cloud imagery as the birds pass overhead.

The control voltage fed to the rotors starts out at the box as
24 volts AC  (not DC).  By the time it arrives at the rotors it is
somewhat less, of course...

Does Yaesu offer a rotor system & control box that operates
on DC...??   My Yaesu 5600 unit runs the motors on AC.

Mike Baker
WA4HFR
Gainesville/Micanopy, FL  USA