Re: [TowerTalk] K0XG Orbital Rotor on US Tower HDX589

To: towertalk@contesting.com, kr5dx@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K0XG Orbital Rotor on US Tower HDX589
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/12/2011 8:33:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Anyone out there with this configuration or mounted one  of these
Orbital rotors (K0XG) on a crank-up before? I would like to exchange  ideas as
this is my plan.

    Where are you proposing to mount it? I'd  say the only place you could
mount it feasibly is on the bottom section. Any  other place and the added
weight of this brute sidemount will exceed the  capacity of the tower
immediately even with no antenna on it. .

Montgomery County is an 85 MPH windspeed zone and  it's tough getting any
crank-up with much capacity over 70 MPH.

    If you proceed with this plan, be sure to keep  your homeowner's
insurance paid up because you're going to need it.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams