Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys - assembly on tower - trams

To: "'Larry'" <w6nws@arrl.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys - assembly on tower - trams
From: "Mike Cizek" <mikew3mc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:32:18 -0500
Building (and taking apart) antennas on the tower is easy, if you respect
the laws of physics.  Yes, it will be unbalanced a good part of the time;
just keep the heavy end down.  Pull the boom up vertically to the top of the
tower.  Put the bottom 2 elements on, put the top element on, raise the
antenna so the last element is near the tower top, above the top guy set and
put it on.  Then tilt the antenna so the boom is horizontal (the elements
will be vertical now), then roll it so the elements are horizontal.

Tram lines are good, too, if you have enough room.  Be safe.

73,

Mike W3MC