Re: [TowerTalk] preformed gripsTo

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n5ot@n5ot.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] preformed gripsTo
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:53:16 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/23/2011 12:01:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Anecdotal datapoint:

>  I installed power  company grips on all my towers in 2002 and none of
the
towers have fallen  down.

Well, everytime you speed  you don't get a ticket either. Installing
different Preforms with a  specific wire rope is a really bad idea. The
Preforms
are precision devices and  take cable size, strand lay and application into
account in their specific  designs. And you've violated the LXC Prime
Directive to "DO what the  manufacturer says". Nowhere does it say to do what
you
did.

        Keep your homeowner's  insurance paid up just in case.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH