[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Question PSE

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Question PSE
From: Peter Sils <kd6qv@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:50:36 -0800 (PST)
I know I am dense at times but as I was putting together the elements of my C-3
(bought it used but in new condition) I came up to a point in the instructions
that I do not understand.

Element #3, #5 and #6 have the following instruction:
    "NOTE: the initial proper rivet holes for the tip have one hole outside the
.500" section. Double check the drawing to ensure the proper holes are used.
The outside hole and the inside hole are used for making slight VSWR
adjustments if needed to shift the curve up or down."

My confusion is that the rivet holes (and alignment mark) are lined up for all
three rivet holes to match. If I move the tip rod out one hole the other two
rivet holes do not line up.

Please help me and tell me what I am missing.

I would welcome any insight as to if the C-3 needed any VSWR adjustment (I am
100% SSB). Mine will only be up 40'.

TNX in advance of any help you may offer!

I do have to comment that I am impressed with using rivets to join the
elements!

TNX for reading!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

73 Peter
KD0AA

PS I do have a call into Mark at Force 12 but I suspect he is enjoying the
holiday and I want to get the antenna finished this weekend.