[TowerTalk] FW: Crankup towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Crankup towers
From: "km5vi" <km5vi@flukey.cc>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:27:54 -0600
For proportional crankup tower lift systems, I have successfully used angle
stops added to the top section just below the rotor plate.  The stops
prevent the top section (only) from nesting the rotor so that just the rotor
is exposed when the tower is fully retracted - makes servicing a snap.  Be
sure the stops are sufficient strength to safely support the weight of the
top section, rotor, and antenna array (structural steel angle - not angle
brackets from the local hardware store).

FYI - this will not work if your crank-ups have positive pull down cable
systems - at least the ones I am familiar with.

73
Matt
KM5VI