Re: [TowerTalk] Cost effective Tower height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cost effective Tower height
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:42:42 -0700
The Hex is a 2 element antenna.  We used one at J6 and from there it was
more than adequate.  It was similar to a 2 element SteppIR.  If you
could get a 3 or 4 element beam I think you would be happier.  The F/B
on the Hex is not great.  They are nearly as expensive as a SteppIR but
you have invested a lot of money in a crankup why not splurge a bit and
get a better antenna.  If you want something on 6m either get a
monobander from M2 or a STeppIR with the 6m passive elements.  The
SteppIR works great on 6-20 or 30/40 so you can have 6-40 on one antenna.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net