Re: [TowerTalk] Force required on guys to cause catastrophic failure? Ha

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force required on guys to cause catastrophic failure? Have your guys been struck by falling limbs?
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 23:38:05 -0800
The numerous replies I received to the below post were EXTRAORDINARILY
informative and helpful.
Sincere thanks to each of you who took the time to reply, and I apologize to
those of you who had to recall some very painful memories when describing the
disastrous results you experienced when limbs or trees fell on your guys.
I had actually expected to receive some replies stating that small limbs would
probably just bounce off the guys.  But I got no such replies, and was
surprised by the large number of you who have suffered this type of damage at
the hands of mother nature.

As a result of your replies, I have decided to move one planned tower to a
place where falling limbs shouldn't be an issue (since cutting down the
offending trees was not an option), and I have decided to make the other
planned tower freestanding to avoid the problem entirely.
So you have potentially saved me untold disappointment and repair costs.

Thank you all very much,

John W2ID