Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida

To: <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida
From: "Telegraphy.com" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:37:52 -0500
Thanks John.  The place I want to buy is not within a city/town limits it's
located within Putnam County FL. I have
since spoken to the Zoning Department for Putnam County and have been told that
Ham Towers are lumped in
with cellular towers and other commercial communications towers and therefore
not permitted in residential
zoned areas!!!  ABSURD!  In any case PRB-1 would supercede that nonsensical
regulation but I don't know
if it would be costly to deal with.  I'll be going there soon and get a copy of
the actual regulations.  They do
allow "TV" towers which can be attached to a house - but I don't know exactly
what the regulations state.  If
there is no height restriction on such towers I can use a house bracket and
attach a 100' Rohn 45 to the side
of the house but also have guy wires!  ;-)

We'll see.

Tony