[TowerTalk] Tower Leg Maintenance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Leg Maintenance
From: Frederick Vobbe <fvobbe@wlio.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:39:53 -0500
I think most of us with older towers have, at one time or another,
painted or at least removed rust starting on the outside leg of a tower,
and repainted it.

Has anyone done anything to the inside of the leg?

The reason I ask is because I'm sitting here in my office this morning,
with the scanner on, listening to a guy tell other hams how he removed
the top plate, and poured a sealant down the tubing, (American Tower,
like a Rohn 25), which is to keep it from rusting from the inside out.

In my 50 years of working with this stuff, I don't recall anyone talking
about something like this.

Fred/W8HDU