Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and / or property

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and / or property
From: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 02:22:59 -0800
If you are close-in to a population center, and have a tower(s) that is
"grandfathered" in from many years ago, before CC&Rs, before all the
outrageous abusive fascist controlling city/county planning commissions
went nuts, with constraint$-demand$ and related hoop$$$ to jump thru, you
may have a Plum that is worth Major Bucks to the right ham.  Perhaps worth
even more than the house itself, with skillful marketing.  Especially if
your ham buyer is a hardcore DXer who doesn't want to have to live 60
highly-congested miles away, from downtown where he works, if it becomes
necessary to hustle home at noon if something needed pops up...

Consider further, that most, if not all, of the neighbors will have moved
in after the tower went up, and it won't be necessary for the new owner to
deal with any unpleasant local reaction as when putting up a new tower from
scratch in a previously "unblemished" area.... (make sure, in your
advertising to potential ham buyers, that you trumpet these advantages and
exercise suitable scare tactics...refer them to the Towertalk Archives for
the multitudes of painful agonizing expensive time-consuming horror stories
that *ALL* began with, "I approached my local planning commission about
putting up a ham tower..." ).

Google "PRB-1 Court Decisions" and print out some of the more frightening
ones.  Keep them handy to show potential buyers all the grief and
cardiac-arrest they can avoid by buying your place...

Good luck,
Don N7EF