Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-54D and Steppir DB18

To: Paula Uscian <pmuscian@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-54D and Steppir DB18
From: k6ye@q.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:08:29 -0500 (EST)
Paula,

I have the HG-54HD, A50-3S, C4-XLD, and a triple wall 15' mast. I feel that the
tower handles my "little stack" with ease. Your loading, in my opinion, is
about the same. Kudos on factoring in cushion (in every case, moment of force
aka torque).

IMHO, go with the 18E if F/B on 30 is that important to you. In addition, your
total windload with the new stack should be fine (even when fully extending the
tower). Good luck on either course that you select and please report your
results in due time.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES