Re: [TowerTalk] Harbor Freight Winch

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harbor Freight Winch
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:06:19 -0500
This subject has turned up before on TT. And as my father once said, you PAY
for what you GET.  Two other schools of thought come to mind. In my case, I
am big into OVERKILL. If something is rated for a given weight that's fine.
But double the working capacity and I feel better. In the case of WINCHES or
HOISTS there is PULLING weight and LIFTING weight. They are decidedly
different as most already know.  I would think that this is a fountain of
knowledge to be found on TT and Steve himself probably knows the answers to
most questions on these things. Good luck but BE SAFE.  - Mike