Re: [TowerTalk] NN4ZZ tiltplate lock

To: John Hudson <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NN4ZZ tiltplate lock
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:38:17 -0800
I built a homebrew tilt plate for my MonstIR, based on the
commercially available one.  I have a homebrew latch I
designed that is operated remotely using a 20 foot piece
of aluminum tubing.  The latch has a movable plate that
swings under a T-head bolt, which prevents the tilt
plate from moving.  I have photos of it somewhere that
I can post if there is sufficient interest.  It allows
virtually no movement, unlike the KARlock that allows
some movement before clamping.

Rick N6RK