Re: [TowerTalk] Propane Soldering Irons ??

To: <richard@karlquist.com>, <k3mm@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Propane Soldering Irons ??
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:47:52 -0500
The Master Appliance looks almost identical to the Solder-It. I've had none
of the problems with my Solder-It that Rick describes. Been using it for
many years, but almost exclusively with a soldering tip (I've used the
heater attachment for heat shrink tubing, but can't recall using the torch.)
I fill the torch before each outdoor use. I set the gas adjustment to the
middle position and click the igniter. Once it catches, I adjust the gas to
the desired level (almost always the max for soldering connectors and heavy
antenna wire.) Works every time. It's quite effective outdoors, except when
a cold wind blows directly on the iron. YMMV.

73, Dick WC1M