Re: [TowerTalk] Chipmunks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Bill Ogden" <ogden@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chipmunks
From: "Stan Labinsky Jr." <wa2puq@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:34:09 -0500
Don't know about other's experiences, Bill, using moth balls but I hung
(stored) one of the seats from one of our vans up on the garage wall.
Actually suspended it from the ceiling on 1/4" nylon rope.
Well, I laid a tarp over it and left an opened box of moth flakes sitting
there.  A year or so later when I went to put it back into the van, there
was this nice hole eaten in the seat and into the padding.  Couldn't tell
which kind of critter did the deed, but I have both squirrels and chip munks
by the dozen running around here, even with the neighborhood cats passing
through.  And yes, the moth flakes still smelled.

YMMV, though.

Stan