Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor-RFI

To: "W3OA" <w3oa@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor-RFI
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:25:08 -0600
Dick,

I have a Rotor-EZ on the controller for my Prop pitch rotor. I was
experiencing a similiar problem with mine. However it was not RF related.
It turned out to be the USB to Serial adapter was going into hibernation.
Turning the controller off and back on would pulse the port back to life.
I run Logger32 and when Rotor polling was added, this problem diminished.
The polling kept the port from going to sleep

My computer did not have a serial port, so I installed an I/O board with a
real serial port and the rotor problem has virtually gone away. Through this
process, I found that the USB adapter was marginal on voltage for a logic
HI. This could have influenced the outcome making it more susceptible to
data loss.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP