Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Relay suggestions for 100W?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Relay suggestions for 100W?
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:11:47 -0500
Thanks for all the good suggestions. The relays will be to remotely
configure a windowline-fed dipole between "normal" configuration and a
"vertical" configuration which results in the windowline wires being tied
together and worked against a radial field. Right now that involves me
tromping out to the woods to move wires around. I've got control lines
pulled in parallel with the coax going out to the tuner that sits on the
other side of the configuration point so that's not a problem. I'm looking
forward to being able to do this from a switch in the shack.

I'm thinking that I'll put the relays in sockets to allow for easy
replacement.

Not the world's greatest antenna but the best I can do for now in my space
limited, stealth (HOA) situation.

73

jim ab3cv