Re: [TowerTalk] Cheap bearings for sidemounts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cheap bearings for sidemounts
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:26:41 -0500
On 1/30/2012 8:44 AM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:
> I've heard of guys using real thick Teflon cutting board, pieces of  oak,
> outdoor plywodd which was painted and my favorite...two toilet flanges as a
> sandwich with the plate in the middle and held together by a piece of PVC.
> I used the last for 10 years at the old station on KLM 6 el  Yagis.
I simply use two pieces of pipe, one inside the other along with a
little grease.
I've also used TB-3s and TB-4s and the Yaesu bearings. I may try the
oversize pillow block with a weatherproof bearing  that can be greased.
I understand a piece of Oak soaked in oil and properly mounted works
well too.

73

Roger (K8RI)