Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 Mast Clamp

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 Mast Clamp
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:27:31 -0800
I think "teeth" are a bad bet to get a good grip on an alloy steel mast
which will have yield strength from 80 to 125ksi.  The high end of that
range is nearly "file hard" so it will be very unlikely for a toothed
clamp to bite into the mast beyond the galvanizing.  Also, even if one
can find as hard as the mast toothed clamp, hard steel on hard steel has
a low coefficient of friction.

Grant KZ1W