Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister in Universal Top Section

To: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister in Universal Top Section
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:50:59 -0500
Wait just a minute.

The top section simply puts SIDE support around the mast.  There is NO
twisting of the top section by anything above it.  The ONLY twisting
within that section occurs AT the rotor when the antenna stops
turning.  Of course, if the rotor is HIGH in the section, that
twisting will be transmitted into the top section.  However, it is
recommended that the rotor be placed near the BOTTOM of the top
section when it is installed.

I have never had a top section damaged in ANY way by the twisting
action you describe, despite only one bolt per leg holding the section
to that below it.
What is important is if the NEXT SECTION DOWN is ALSO 14" ... if so, I
wouldn't put a rotor in the top section either!

To reiterate:  the rotor may be a tight fit within the 14" section,
but will serve well as previously posted.

73
Don
N8DE