Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers Raising Fixture Model # Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers Raising Fixture Model # Question
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:05:55 -0500
Years ago they made two models.  The TRZ-80 and TRX-80.  I got the TRX-80
for 72 foot and lesser towers.  I assume the TRX-80HD is for 72 foot and
below towers and the TRX100HD is for the 89 foot and taller towers.

The one I have I have used with mine in 4 locations and I helped raise a
newer 72  footer 5 years ago.  The main parts to consider are the winch (the
original fell apart 5 years after I bought it).  I now use the K-1550 and
replaced the cable with some 3/8".  Make sure the cable is long enough to
lay the tower all the way down leaving several turns on the winch.

Hope this helps.

73 Dave K4JRB