Re: [TowerTalk] balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:20:52 -0500
Dave,

The 8JK EZNEC input file is for 0.466 wavelength elements and 1/4-wave
spacing.  That is going to produce the results shown.  Going back to Gary's
first post, he does indicate 44 ft elements at 7 MHz, but according to
Cebik, the 44 ft elements should be used only on a 10m-30m 8JK array.

I'll confirm your 2.5-j600 result with 44ft elements.  For the amount
shortened, it does look right.

Paul, W9AC