[TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:53:51 -0500 (EST)
Wouldn't a 33 feet wire have a bigger impact? I believe that's the 1/2
wavelength times 95%. Unless you have some good capacitance at the end, 26
feet is a little too short.

An insulated, 26 feet guy wire may have enough capacitance to the  tower
and the ground to be resonant at 10, 15 and/or 20 but that will be  very
dependant on the distances between the wire, ground and tower.

Hans - N2JFS