[TowerTalk] HDBX Tower

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDBX Tower
From: Kelley <kshaddrick@jetup.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:48:08 -0500
Hi all,

I currently have a Rohn HDBX 48' tower. While the tower has a pretty
good wind load rating, 18 sq ft at 3' above the tower, Rohn limits the
boom length to 10'.

I would like to put up a 2 element 40m beam as well as a 3 or 4 element
10/15/20 meter beam with a VHF/UHF vertical on top. Wind load wise this
may not exceed the load rating of the HDBX, but I'm pretty sure it
wouldn't be recommended as boom lengths are a lot more than 10'.

Is there a tower available that has the same base measurements as a HDBX
that could handle such a configuration? With all the concrete in the
ground, I'd like to use it.

The county limits me to 1 tower up to 50' in height, so I can't put in a
second one.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

--
Kelley