[TowerTalk] Swapping HyGain Rotor Controls

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Swapping HyGain Rotor Controls
From: Allan W Schlaugat <reflectors@n9isn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:43:28 -0500
My analog 3 paddle control box for a Ham IV rotor (newer model MFJ) with a
built in break delay got sick. When rotating the rotor, the 3 amp fuse
blows and will not rotate. I swapped a analog 3 paddle rotor control box
from a working T2X (older model pre-MFJ) to test the Ham IV rotor to see if
the issue is with the control box or the rotor and the Ham IV works fine
with no blown fuses.
Can Hy-Gain rotor control boxes for Ham IV and T2X's be interchanged and
swapped? Any damage to either rotors or control boxes for long term
swapping? I would like to keep the Ham IV control box with the new brake
delay with the T2X and swap the older T2X control to the Ham IV rotor.

Thanks    Al    N9ISN