Re: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] Solutions for Tower Base in Fresh Water?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] Solutions for Tower Base in Fresh Water?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:31:38 -0700
On 3/19/12 8:11 AM, n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
> Unguyed?  Rohn?
>
> Doesn't that contradict the basic rule:  Do what the manufacturer says???
>
> Rohn tower, if I remember correctly is designed to be GUYED ... not
> free-standing.

Maybe it's short enough to be free standing? The OP didn't give a height.

The Engineer will tell them whether it's doable.

Maybe there's other solutions too.. Building antennas in a swamp/flooded
area is sufficiently unusual that I'm sure some interesting schemes have
been developed over the years that stand up to the test of time and
hurricane.

There are plenty of freeway interchange light poles in FL that are free
standing and pretty tall, not to mention big cellphone monopoles.

And a variety of lattice structures resembling Rohn BX in general
configuration.