Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for Rohn 55G

To: <towertest@infinichron.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for Rohn 55G
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:36:57 -0400
FWIW, I have a WB0W gin pole for Rohn 55G and wouldn't think of using
anything smaller. What are the availability problems? If you can get the
head and clamp, you may be able to find a 12-foot .25" wall aluminum pole
somewhere else. I highly recommend thick-wall aluminum because steel is
*way* too heavy to lift by hand. I had a hard enough time moving the
aluminum pole with the heavy head and clamp. Probably best to rig a separate
pulley and rope for that, which would make it more feasible to use a steel
pole, though still pretty hard to horse it around.

73, Dick WC1M