Re: [TowerTalk] "no subject"

To: Gene Fuller <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "no subject"
From: Frank <frankkamp@att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:36:46 -0600
Gene Fuller wrote:

>For any who might be a slow whited as I, don't even think about opening any of
>the "no subject" postings that have been showing up. Too bad they can't be
>filtered out. I opened one a couple of weeks ago. Had to hire Microsoft to
>clean up my PC. They said it was the first time they had seen that one and it
>tied my PC up for eight hours !  My fault,dumb dumb !!
>Gene / W2LU

I Believe most mail prorams allow filtering on subject line info.  At
least mine does.  I never even see mail that has no subject.  Such
nonsense gets trashed immediately.

Also, today you can buy 500gig external USB hard drives for under $100.
Get one and clone your main drive to it.  That way you have a backup to
use while you reformat the danaged drive.  Do that and you wont need to
hire outside help to repair your system.