[TowerTalk] TailTwister overhaul

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] TailTwister overhaul
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 17:32:58 -0700
My HyGain Tailtwister has been in the tower for 18 years now and it is showing
some signs of
needing a little TLC.  Sometimes when I try to rotate the beam it wont move at
all, but if I turn it the opposite direction for a wee bit,
then go back in the original direction, it works fine.  I am planning on taking
her down and doing an overhaul.  I have been searching
the archives and found a referral to this webpage for an overview of how to do
the overhaul
http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/Rotors/Tail-Twister.htm     I am going to order
new bearings, races, potentiometer, and what ever else
that I can find that could be replaced. I'd like it to hold up for another 18
years, hihi.   I understand that the parts are available from MFJ now.
If you have overhauled a HyGain rotor and can throw me some words of advice  it
would be appreciated.  Never overhauled a rotor
before but it looks to be not that difficult.

tnx
Bob
K6UJ