Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:52:41 -0700
Since you have 80 feet of height to work with, I would string up a quarter wave
vertical.  You only need 70 feet for
a quarter wave on 80.  Then either use (4) elevated radials.  You cant beat a
vertical, nice low angle radiator for DX.
I have this arrangement except it is attached to my tower and I have only two
elevated radials about 8 feet high and it works very well for DX.

Bob
K6UJ