Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

To: "Glen Turner" <w5if@valornet.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 16:06:34 -0500
I rebuilt a Tri-Ex LM470 in 1999, and got the majority of my hardware
(galvanized
bolts, pulleys, sheaves, hardened bolts, etc.) from RH Fastener Supply Co.
They are in Kansas City, MO.

http://www.rhfastener.com

FWIW when I installed my LM470, I purchased the foundation cage (as
mentioned by a previous poster) from Tri-Ex, attached re-rod, and
the entire assembly was lowered into the foundation, suspended by a frame,
prior to the concrete pour. The "cage" is entirely embedded in concrete,
except for the three "tabs" which extend above the top of the concrete
surface. The tower tower legs are bolted to the tabs.

I would recommend following factory specs on putting up this heavy
self-supporting tower. I do not believe this tower be safe, self-supporting,
or properly installed just using bolts in
the concrete.

Good luck and 73

dan
k0dan