Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Cutting Boards for Antenna Stuff ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Cutting Boards for Antenna Stuff ?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:29:22 -0700
Yeah, an earlier post said that these cutting boards are nylon ... they
aren't.

Another thing to keep in mind is that HDPE will cold flow, so depending
upon the load and the surface area of the contact you could end up with
a problem eventually.   I'm not sure I'd want to use the stuff for an
end insulator on a wire dipole, for instance, if the wire merely passed
through a hole in the material.

73,
Dave   AB7E