Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety
From: W1YW@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:09:03 -0400 (EDT)
Lyme disease is endemic and epidemic in this part of Massachusetts, mostly
because we let Bambi and his ilk run free to be a pest to you and me.Deer
are  the common vector.

Some doctors are paranoid about dispensing doxycyclin; other are willing to
 allow prophylactic scrips for hikers, and so on.

Waiting a week after a possible tick bite is too long; basically you have
to be concerned within a day. So don't wait. Lyme disease is repeating and
joint-debilitating if not dealt with quickly.

73,
Chip W1YW