Re: [TowerTalk] Getting your moneys Worth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Getting your moneys Worth
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 00:41:36 -0400
On 6/1/2012 11:53 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> Also forgot to mention that Rohn made a top section without cross braces on
> all sides at one level. As I remember it was about 2 feet from the top.
Oops...sorry, hit the wrong button.... premature...ahhh... sending.

Yes, I have one of those It has a TB-3 mounted on it although I'm not
fond of the TB3 and 4 I had one so I used it.  They won't get the snot
beat out of them like they did on the 45G.   The guy saddle/bracket
mounts on top of the section below it.  If you aren't mounting antennas
well above the top of the tower it's an ideal location for the rotator.

Two steps left. I have to build and install a "dirt" guy anchor to the
NE of the tower. Then calculate, cut, and mount the guys (Phillystran)
to that top section. Then haul it up.

73

Roger (K8RI)