Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax application

To: "John Holmes" <w9ily@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax application
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:58:15 -0700
John Holmes wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> FYI the US Tower Fixed Lattice Tower Manual item 4.3.7 says "Apply Beeswax
> to the tower legs and guides every six months". Just trying to keep the
> new
> tower in new shape.
> 73,
> John W9ILY

How are you supposed to get it on the guides without completely
disassembling the tower?  You might as well try to coat the
inside of a pipe with beeswax.

I heard about some ultraslippery substance they invented at MIT
to coat the insides of ketchup bottles, so the ketchup doesn't
stick to the bottle.  I wonder if it would work on tower guides?

How about applying 10 mil adhesive backed teflon tape to the guides?

Rick N6RK