[TowerTalk] Rotors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotors
From: Steve Jarrett <k4fj@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 17:13:36 -0400
Hi,

I am considering an antenna change and I would like to consider beefing up
my rotator from the present T2X.

I would be interested in comments on using a Yaesu 2800 vs T2X.  While I
have not finalized on the antenna, I am considering a 4 el SteppIR and I
think the T2X is marginal.

Also, I would appreciate info on Alpha Spid and Prositel rotators with
respect to using in my Rohn 45 tower(s).  Is the mounting of either/both
rotators different than T2X.  And, if you recommend either Alpha Spid or
Prosistel, which model?

Any other comments are welcome unless they relate to my sanity.

Thanks.

73, Steve, K4FJ