Re: [TowerTalk] [SteppIR] Re: Rotators and DB36

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [SteppIR] Re: Rotators and DB36
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 04:32:39 +0000
The Yaesu GA-3000 (I've not seen one) is made for this purpose. You can
make one adapted from a vehicle driveshaft component, often called a flex
disc or a guibo.  Also perhaps a LoveJoy or similar coupling, altho the
rubber in these is pretty rigid, I'd like something  a little softer.  I
have made my own from using heavy duty belting as well. I had  4" mast
sections separated by say 1". Then I wrapped (about 5 turns) the belting
tightly around the mast, bolting it above and below the joint.  This lasted
for a few years on the 4 el 80m.  I know Denis VE6AQ has made one for his 5
el 40 and his SPID has been handling that antenna for several years without
coming apart. He described his design briefly in his post
http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2001-07/msg00056.html

73 Don
VE6JY