[TowerTalk] Foundation Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Foundation Question
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings Gang,

I am the new owner of an old but well maintained Tri-Ex TM-358 (not C).

The base is nearly completely per the Tri-Ex blueprints with one change: I am
using #6 rebar instead of #5, as Grade W/A706 was only available in my city in
#6.

Here is the question: The prints do not show any other rebar cage for the
foundation. If I am fortunate, the hole will be 36" x 36" x 72". The base plate
is  22" square and the the rebar roughly 20".

I think it is wise to construct a separate cage (perhaps wired to it) that will
go around the perimeter of the hole, perhaps 4" from its edge, in four
layers/levels.

What do you think? Overkill or thinking right?

73,
Art K0RO
Springfield, MO