Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers

To: "towertalk-request@contesting.com topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 18:41:51 -0600
10 ACRES!!!  For the love of mike, buy a bulldozer not a tower!  I'd kill for
10 acres for an antenna farm.

Chris
KF7P

On Aug 9, 2012, at 16:08 , Jerry Gardner wrote:

Darn! I was hoping that everyone would either love or hate aluminium towers
so I could make a definitive decision one way or the other.

My biggest constraint is space. I live on 10 acres, but almost all of it is
sloped to the point where there's very little flat level land. I won't be
able to tilt the tower easily or walk or pull it up assembled. It's going
to have to be erected like a Rohn steel tower piece by piece with a gin
pole.

The antenna I intend to put on top is an M2 KT36XA, which is well below the
21 sq.ft. rating of the tower. The thing that I'm worried about more than
the wind loading is the twisting torque the antenna will put on the top of
the tower.

- 73, Jerry