Re: [TowerTalk] Thinking of putting up an American, or Rohn

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thinking of putting up an American, or Rohn
From: "Kirby Hallenbeck" <1sailorman@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:59:19 -0700
In my case, Rohn 55, the structural engineer started with Rohn data sheet,
applied current wind control calculations for this county, based on the
surveyed anchor and foundation points, to calculate width length and depth
of each foundation/anchor point, such that the tipping moment is not
exceeded in worst case load, per county limits, with the summation of all
wind loads applied as a function of height. Also that foundation can support
the vertical load for the foundation and vertical/horizontal components for
guy anchors, which are soil dependent/ All calculations were required to be
shown on the permit application. Expect to pay around 1K for this.

Kirby - AF6OP
Message: 9