Re: [TowerTalk] Feedlines: inside or out on tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, knowkode@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedlines: inside or out on tower?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:08:25 -0400 (EDT)
>  After reading John's (KK9A, P40A) post regarding tower  painting, I have
a question for the group. While I would be hard pressed to  recall a tower
I have worked on that has not had its feedlines and control  cables run on
the inside of leg, it is obvious from his post that not everyone  does so.
What is the thinking behind running the cables on the inside or the  outside?
BTW, I've even seen hardline run on the inside of 45 and 55, glad it  wasn't
me who had to install it.?

    I'll second that. Cables run inside a tower get  some sort of Farraday
cage effect. Is it real and effective? I don't know. It is  a real pain. I
much prefer cables outside the leg - easy to install and easy to  replace
(well, relatively easy anyway).

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH